Six Ways To Reduce Your Pet’s Stress Over The Holidays
The holidays can be a stressful time for everyone – including our pets. Make sure you are paying close attention to their behaviors and giving them some extra TLC this week!
Here are six ways you can help reduce the stress your pets may be feeling over the Thanksgiving holiday:
- Try and stick to your routine as much as you possibly can.
- Take a time out with your pet when things get chaotic.
- Provide a safe place, such as a bedroom, for them to get away when they need to. Make sure your guests know that room is off limits to them, as well as any animal guests that may be visiting as well.
- Plenty of exercise and play time! Exercise is a great way for pets (and humans) to reduce stress, and getting extra playtime with Mom or Dad will make your pets feel extra loved.
- Keep a close eye on the little ones. Babies and small children can irritate pets, and possibly cause them to snap or act out.
- Watch the front and back doors, especially if you will have guests coming in and out throughout the day/night. They might accidentally let your pet out unattended.